Residency Requirements: A student must reside and have proof of residency within the Rockingham County or Harrisonburg City limits in order to request taking a high school level MTC program. Students who wish to take an MTC course but live outside of the Rockingham County and Harrisonburg City limits can contact the MTC Continueing Education Dept. (540-434-5961) to inquire about the possibility of taking evening, adult education programs. Students interested in these programs must be at least 16 years of age.
Students of Rockingham County Public Schools:
- Be a rising 10th, 11th, or 12th grade student
- Met any MTC specific program prerequisites as listed in the RCPS Program of Studies
- Complete the MTC application when registering for upcoming classes at your home school
Students of Harrisonburg City Schools:
- Be a rising 11th or 12th grade student
- Met any MTC specific program prerequisites as listed in the HHS & RCPS Program of Studies
- Complete the HHS application when registering for upcoming classes at your home school
Students who are homeschooled or attending a private school:
- Be a rising 10th, 11th, or 12th grade student and show proof of being fifteen years of age as of August 1st of the upcoming school year
- Meet any MTC specific program prerequisites as listed in the RCPS Program of Studies
- Register as a student at your public school as designated by your residency (even though your student will not be attending the public school, he / she must still meet with the school's registrar and complete all required paperwork)
- Complete the MTC application with the identified public school representative when registering
- Contact Mrs. Riley via telephone or email once the public school registration process is completed.
Returning adult students:
- Students who completed a first-year program during their 12th grade year at school and wish to enroll in their second year program during the school year directly following their graduation.
- Have earned a "B" or higher final grade in their first-year program and have their teacher's recommendation to return for the second year..
- Pay the adult fee and class dues by September 30th of the school year.
- Understand that all high school students are given priority to second year programs, and can return only if space allows and the above listed requirements are met. Returning adult students typically will not receive verification of returning until August.
For Harrisonburg City Public Schools' Program of Studies please click HERE
For Rockingham County Public Schools' Program of Studies please click HERE